One of the main challenges faced by shipping agencies is to offer and maintain quality services, at the best price and guarantee agility in the procedures.
To achieve this, several companies seek to integrate their operations through different business units to provide complete services to customers, from the transportation of goods, receipt of vessels at ports, and customs clearance to storage and delivery of goods.
We work together with our clients in this industry to streamline internal processes and thereby strengthen the profitability of the business in commercial management, warehouse operations and merchandise logistics, and evaluation of the organizational structure and administrative areas, among others.
- • Design of tools to provide traceability of vessel status.
- • Establishment of workload standards and definition of required resources.
- • Creation of cross-selling services matrix.
- • Deﬁnition of supplier’s control and feedback mechanisms.
- • Improved resource scheduling.
- • Cost reduction.
- • Increase in productivity.
- • Increase in proﬁtability.
- • Improvement in service penetration (cross-selling).
- • Improved supplier service level.
- • Definition of the customer service model and training of sales personnel in sales steps.
- • Design of a mechanism for the timely transformation of the budget into a daily/weekly budget schedule per salesperson, prospecting and quoting to customers.
- • Implementation of tools for import and export control.
- • Design of master plan to calculate the appropriate payroll considering growth trend.
- • Performance measurement through indicators and implementation of management culture.
- • Increase in commercial productivity.
- • Increase in customer acquisition.
- • Improvement in the level of service.
- • Human resources optimization (organizational restructuring).
- • Improvement in merchandise traceability.
- • Reduction in customer service times.
- • Improvement in inventory reliability (customer, place, quantity and time).
- • Redesign and centralise the back office, to optimize procedures and the invoicing process.
- • Detailed analysis of expense accounts and implementation of actions to rationalize them based on impact accounts.
- • Optimization of the collection and invoicing process.
- • Spending reduction. Visibility and transparency in the execution of expenses.
- • Transparency and speed in customer invoicing.
“We carried out a project with London Consulting Group with the purpose of increasing the quality of the information, management, efficiency and control of the processes that constitute the businesses of brokerage, ULOG (user log) and global desk. It was achieved through the optimization of procedures, definition of control tools and the implementation of a more strategic management model.”
General Manager, Ultramar Agencia Marítima